For Your Safety
We take the safety of our guests and staff members very seriously. We’ve put together some modified procedures to keep everyone safe during their time here. If you have any questions or comments, always feel free to reach out.
Public Health and Emergency Orders
As of July 1, 2020, the Town of Taos has implemented the attached Public Health Order providing, among other things, a mandatory 14-day quarantine for out-of-state visitors and a mask-wearing requirement. All information in the latest order supersedes any previous guides noted below. Please review the entire order by clicking here.
(Please note that pursuant to New Mexico rule, room occupancy is limited to same household persons)
• We will charge your credit card the day prior to arrival
• Our staff member (with mask) will meet you in your vehicle outside the main entry to hand out your sanitized room key
• There is no need to sign a registration card
• Please come inside to the front desk, observing proper distancing markers.
• Your room will be booked by our staff, behind a plexiglass shield
• Pens and credit card machines will be sanitized after each use
• Surfaces in the lobby and desk area will be sanitized regularly
• Simply leave your room keys in the room or in the key deposit box outside the lobby. A receipt will be emailed to you.
• Stayover rooms will not receive normal housekeeping service, however…
– Used towels can be replaced by leaving them outside your door
– Trash will be emptied by leaving the liners outside your door
– Additional firewood can be requested by calling the front desk. A bundle will be left outside your door
• Cleaning procedures
– Complete and enhanced housekeeping service is to only be provided for check-outs.
– Staff to wear disposable gloves and protective masks. Gloves will be discarded after each room cleaning. Gloves will be dedicated for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and not be used for other purposes.
– Implement enhanced cleaning to include:
We will pay particular attention to high touch point areas, to include door handles, locks and latches, light switches, desk and counter surfaces, coffee maker, telephones, television touch points, remote controls, clock radios, drapery pulls, lamps, trash receptacle touch points, “do not disturb” cards, hairdryers, hangers, toilet flush handles, water faucet handles, toilets and toilet seats, and flooring. Only CDC approved chemicals or equivalent products and rags to will be used in cleaning.
• When possible (based on occupancy levels), checked-out rooms will be left vacant for 24 hours prior to the next check-in
• We will use only pre-wrapped coffee and plastic cups
• We will remove top layer of toilet paper from roll for check out full cleans
• Used linen will be kept separate from unused linens and amenities
• We will remove what we consider non-essential items, such as bed scarves, note pads, pens, brochures, newspapers, books, menus, and other display items
• Unused wrapped cups will be removed prior to re-occupancy
• All clean and ready rooms will be inspected and misted/fogged before guest arrival
• Our breakfast staff will continually monitor and sanitize surfaces, including the coffee machine and drink dispenser. They will be required to wear masks and gloves at all times. (They will also smile, say good morning and hopefully bring a little bit of joy to your day)
• Hours will be from 6:30 to 9:30 AM
• Inside seating will be eliminated
• Hand sanitizer will be available in breakfast area
• On the outside arcade, seating will adhere to social distancing norms.
• We will sanitize tables and chairs when vacated
• Single-use items will include:
– Pre-packaged utensils, with napkin
– Paper plates and bowls
– Individually wrapped coffee cups and cold cups
– Salt, pepper, and all other condiments
• Menu items will include
– Hot Items. Will be prepared, individually wrapped, and served to you.
– Cold Items – all prepackaged, and single-serve portions
– Coffee and juice will be served by our staff
• Most items can be made “ to go” – please let our breakfast hostess know when ordering
Lobby and Front Desk
• When possible, please phone the front desk with any questions or concerns
• If it is necessary to come to the front desk, please observe social distancing markers
• A hand sanitizing station or sanitizing wipes will be available in lobby
• We will remove all lobby brochures, magazines, newspapers
Pool & Hot Tub Area
• Unfortunately, the pool and hot tub will be closed until further notice
Public Areas, General
• We will perform routine cleaning and disinfecting of all contact surfaces, such as front desk, lobby furniture and flooring, breakfast area and lobby furniture, counters, business center/computer, ice and vending machines, trash bins, stair handrails, and public bathrooms
– Particular attention will be paid to high touch points, such as hotel entrance door handles and other door handles touched by staff and, front desk counter/surface, pens, key cards, credit card payment machines, public computers, courtesy coffee station public bathroom door handles, toilet flush handles, toilets and toilet seats, water faucet handles, light switches, and flooring
• The fitness center will be closed
• Front desk staff will have disinfectant wipes to disinfect surfaces between guests